eScrap is Northern Virginia’s most versatile electronics recycling company!
Potomac eScrap is a family-owned, certified small business based in Northern Virginia. We provide electronic recycling services to business, governmental, and individual clients throughout the Washington DC metro area including Virginia and Maryland.
We’re in business to accelerate the pace of electronics recycling by extracting and responsibly recycling the metals and other materials of value from electronics. Our clients come back time and again knowing that they’ve done a good deed for the environment and even earned money from selling us their unwanted electronics on occasion.
Our intent is to be transparent and share the extractable value of old electronics with our customers by only charging for products and services that actually cost us money. It’s the honest way to do business and we’ve grown rapidly by making this fundamental to our ideology from day one.
Mark Zwilsky – 30 years of experience in the metal recycling industry.
Justin Kidd – 5 years of experience in electronics and scrap metal recycling.
Thory Monsen – 10 years of experience in electronics and scrap metal recycling.
To best serve our growing customer base, our company is comprised of our
- Purchasing/Sales Division
- Processing/Shipping Division
- Roll-off/Mobile Buyers Group
- Our Experienced Management Team
- Procurement of all types of Electronic Scrap
Potomac eScrap’s Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
Potomac eScrap LLC is dedicated to processing electronics and components in a safe and effective manner consistent with our commitment to the R2/RIOS Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management System. Our goal is to maintain a high level of quality, ensuring a safe workplace for our staff, and promoting environmental stewardship in managing the processing of used and end of life electronics. We have implemented the latest technology and software which helps us improve performance by analyzing data and implementing improvements to achieve superior results. We have documented a Focus Material Plan and identified downstream management strategies. Our staff understands and promotes our commitment to environmental, health, and safety and undergoes thorough ongoing training to ensure competence. Our system complies with federal, state, regional, and local safety and environmental requirements. We are committed to continually improve our management system to ensure the prevention of pollution and the safety of our employees. Our policy is communicated to our suppliers, customers and contractors, and is made available to the public and other interested parties upon request.
Potomac eScrap LLC business operations include IT Asset management, eScrap Purchasing, and End of Life electronics recycling. eScrap has conducted internal audits to ensure compliance to all laws and regulations and maintains a “Plan, Do, Check, Act” Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System.
Examples of standards and policies that we adhere to based on the R2 Recycling Standard:
- R2 defines focus materials, or materials that can pose environmental concern, and outlines how these materials should be managed to ensure environmental and worker safety. Prohibits the export of equipment and components containing focus materials to developing countries unless the transaction is legal under both the export and import countries’ laws and the receiving facility is state-of-the-art.
- Requires downstream due diligence on all vendors handling focus materials to ensure materials are handled properly throughout the chain of custody.
- All R2 certified electronics recyclers maintain necessary permits, licenses, and insurance as required by state and federal regulations.
- Recognizing the importance that reuse has, both environmentally and socially, R2 Practices establishes a “reuse, recover, dispose” hierarchy all along the chain of custody for material handling.
Please visit http://www.sustainableelectronics.org/ for additional information on the R2 certification and provisions.